- Desire to communicate with others
- Distorted perception of time
- Heightened sensuality and increased need for intimacy
- Heightening and distortion of sensory and enjoyment perceptions
- Intensification of emotions
- Lowered inhibitions
- Reduced fatigue
Blocks the reuptake and promotes the release of serotonin, dopamine and noradrenaline. The emotional and pro social effects of MDMA are likely caused by the release of large amounts of serotonin. Serotonin then triggers the release of the hormones ocytocin and vasopressin, which play an important role in love, trust, sexual arousal and other social experiences. This may explain the feeling of empathy and the increased need for intimacy associated with this drug.